Technical guidance on the Lifetime Homes Standard for architects, planners, developers, builders, local authorities or construction managers.
This section will provide everything you need to know about:
- the 16 Lifetime Homes design criteria
- frequently asked technical questions and additional guidance,
- comparisons with other building regulations such as Part M,
- policy and planning regulations
- information on the cost and planning implications of Lifetime Homes.
By meeting the Lifetime Homes Standard, developers and builders can ensure all of Part M of the Building Regulations are met.
Lifetime Homes rarely require greater space standards and should not impact on the density of a development.
Because of their thoughtful design, Lifetime Homes often feel more spacious, a feature which is important in high density developments.
You can find out more about the the benefits of Lifetime Homes and how they been applied by reading our case studies.